Sunday, December 28, 2008

GOODBYE 08 - WELCOME 09

One year drawing to a close....the turning of a page to the opening of a new, blank space. 2009 is approaching fast, and it is usual to reflect on what has gone before and to anticipate what might come. I don't know about you, but the page for 2008 was a bit of an emotional rollercoaster - lows (loss of dear ones,added pressures and expectations of others.. highs - news from a far land, unexpected blessings (my red Forester!) travel to people and places I love (Thailand, Cambodia, USA)....good friends, Southern Cross Kids' Camps... along with the aching of joints that used to work smoothly. What will 2009 hold for all of us? World finances topple....nations continue to war....millions starve or subsist...children are still in enslavement and deprivation. I don't have the answers - I do know that all I can do is my bit. To help where I can. My Compassion boy "Ton" will be educated, fed and given some spiritual input this year, because God faithfully provides for me so that I can provide for him. There is an old song that says "Because He lives, I can face tomorrow, Because He lives all fear is gone, Because I know He holds the future, And life is worth the living just because He lives." [Bill Gaither] It pretty much sums it up - as the psalmist says "My times are in His hands." Psalm
31:14. So I choose to look forward to the year ahead with its challenges, blessings, unexpected surprises. I look forward to deepening relationships, to new friends, new travel experiences and new growth. (Inward growth that is, not a widening girth!) :) To everyone who checks on this blog from time to time - may 2009 be a great year for you and for the ones you hold dear.

No comments: