Friday, September 05, 2008

When I boarded the plane in Seattle to head for home, I was seated next to an elderly couple, both of whom had arrived at their seats in wheelchairs. As the plane began its descent into LA, the lady remarked how much she was looking forward to being home again, as they had flown all the way from Denmark, where they had been on holiday. I was stunned - so far and so old! Then as we waited to deplane, the man told me that they actually lived in Palm Springs, but that he hadn't felt like DRIVING the three hours and so they would pick up their car but would overnight in a hotel. He then went on to say they he thought they had overdone the travel this year by taking three separate trips - South America, Alaska and now Denmark. I looked at him more closely - if he had said he was 90 I would have believed him. What tenacity! I walked behind them as they were wheeled off the plane, pulling my carry-on which now felt quite light! What an encouragement! Pastor Ron Peretti prayed for me on my last Sunday in Seattle and one of his prayers had been for renewed strength and more opportunities to minister. Hey.....if THEY can do it, it's a cinch! Asia....Europe...AFRICA....I'm ready to get ready!

No comments: