Saturday, July 26, 2008

TRUE TREASURES

Treasure....those who know me know I live in an aging house (provided by my parents), don't have a large bank account, or a regular salary, but in my mind I am rich beyond measure. Not only do I have the Lord in my life, but I have been blessed by some wonderful friends and mentors over the years. Two of these have now 'finished their race' and have left this world. The first (see earlier blog entry) was Ps. Richard Holland, the second - pictured - is Earl Murphy who passed away earlier this week. I first met Earl and his wife Nancy in the early sixties, when I was fresh out of college and teaching in primary school. They became friends, mentors, prayer partners. Each year I send them newlsetters and schedules, knowing that wherever I am, they would be praying for both Sue and myself. I will miss Earl's cheeky grin, his love of gourmet foods, particularly the 3 C's - coffee, cheese and chocolate. I feel so far away at this time - I pray for Nan to know God's comfort and love, and look forward to seeing her when I return. Thank you Lord for Earl - I will miss him very much.


No comments: