Monday, July 07, 2008

Camps that give hope...and a whole lot of fun!

As I write this I am back in Seattle (having flown over mid June) after two camps and a Vacation Bible School in Idaho and Washington states. At the Mountain Kids' Day Camp held over a week in Idaho City (a town totally out of the wild west!) the theme was "Construction - Strong Foundations" Held in the wilds of Camp Ivydale the chapel area is outdoor - a rough built stage with a pine tree backdrop, the chatter of squirrels and birds - beautiful!
Sue (picture) and I were joined by a great team who provided music, a great construction site drama, and fun activities and crafts. Our job was the storytelling, some puppetry (Larry Funzel) and object lessons all pointing to the importance of making good life choices and building lives that are strong and grounded. As Christians we understand the sure foundation of Jesus Christ in our own lives - storms come in all shapes and sizes, and without Him, I don't know where I would be. But my conviction is that HE is my rock and my deliverer (see Psalm 18) and He has proven never to fail.
By the way, the camp director is Michelle Alden - check out Isaiah's Ranch at www.isaiahsranch.org providing great options for kids of all ages.

No comments: