Sunday, August 12, 2007

R U a BIG picture/small picture person?


This is one of my favorite parts of the Australian coastline in my home state of Victoria. When I stand on this beach my eyes head out to sea, to the horizon (and beyond in my mind). Can you imagine what it would be to stand here and focus on a single grain of sand near my feet or just one rock? I would miss so much more of God's creation, His beauty, His world. Yet this is what happens to us in life - we obsess on a single word, or attitude or event - and that obsession inhibits our ability to relate well to others, to experience the blessings of forgiving and the freedom in being forgiven. These deep thoughts come to mind following a great event held in Sue's home town to celebrate 20 years of itinerant ministry to kids worldwide. Sue remarked to me: "So many people from so many churches all coming together - some of them haven't fellowshipped with each other in years." Well, if we believe that is what will happen in heaven - why not work on it now? One of the Bible verses we have been using this summer with the kids is from Ephesians 4:32 "Forgive one another ....even as Christ forgave you."

No comments: