Sunday, July 08, 2007

Look at me - I'm Happy!


This past week was spent at McCall, Idaho at the Boise Royal Family Kids' Camp. Forty-three kids - all in foster care - had an amazing week of camp. Games, music, activity centres, swimming, chapel, laughs and more. Kids from all backgrounds of neglect and abuse experienced caring people all showing unconditional love and acceptance. Kids were listened to, affirmed, praised, encouraged and challenged to participate in zipline, archery, ropes course and canoeing. Down at the dock I took a photo of one of the younger campers and when I showed her the photo in the camera screen she exclaimed "Look at me! I'm happy!"
That was the thing she noticed - 'I am happy". Happiness is surely every child's right, but sadly many children rarely experience this emotion. If you can get behind one of the 150+ RFKC camps this summer, please do so and allow more troubled and hurting kids experience some 'happy childhood memories"

1 comment:

TigerLily'sPad said...

Hey Carolyn, just curious; when does your Southern Cross kids' camp start over in Austraila?