Saturday, March 17, 2007

How Far Would You Go For a Krispy Kreme????


Happy St. Patrick's Day to all our Irish friends (and who isn't?) It seems that Sue and I have Irish ancestry in common - on her mother's side but on both my parent's sides (along with a good mix of Scottish and English and whatever else). SO what did we do when we found ourselves down at Knox City Mall today? The Irish Pub was in full swing (emphasis on "full") with green beer and Irish dancers. But it was at Krisy Kreme we found our true Irish roots. We stopped to look at the GREEN donuts....and then read the fine-print. "Show us your best Irish jig and receive one FREE Irish donut". Now who could resist? I launched into a great jig, hands steadfastly to the sides...to the amazement of the barely-out-of-school lads behind the counter. I am sure they had NEVER seen an overweight woman of my age do anything this crazy before. Then it was Sue's turn - although she had looked a bit surprised at my spontaneous performance - and she too launched into a frenzy of fancy footwork and turns! We both exited munching our freebies...green and all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you saved me a donut.

Doug said...

Carolyn, I will gladly anti-up a Krispy Kreme doughnut for you and for Sue just to see the jig, once you're back in Boise.

Anonymous said...

Trust you Cub & Sue to do exactly that... not surprised. I would have loved to be there to see you two do your Irish jigs... & watch the counter kids faces.