Monday, January 15, 2007

Christmas in Idaho


I can't believe Christmas has come and gone! For the first time in 12 years I had the joy of returning to Boise for a white Christmas. As we flew down over the foothills I was dismayed to find brown, not white! Later in the afternoon I stood outside in the cold and asked God to smile on me and send me snow! Can you believe that several flakes immediately landed on me - no snowstorm, but enough to show up on my black coat! It was a SIGN I told everyone. After that I was caught up in the busyness of the season - shopping, visiting, eating, preparing, shopping...and on it went. I loved the cold, the lights, the Christmas music (after all Chestnuts Roasting by an Open Fire does nothing to me on a typical hot Christmas Day in Melbourne, Australia!) And then it happened....about four days before Christmas it snowed...and snowed again...and the ground was still white on Christmas morning. That's all I needed - not mounds of snow, but a soft, even cover to complete my Christmas dream. It reminds me of the simple things in life - I was satisfied with what I got in terms of snow - Lord, let me be satisfied with what I have in other areas too.

No comments: