Monday, October 30, 2006

Family.......



IN the 1970's overseas students were arriving in Melbourne to study at university. We opened out home and our hearts to some of the greatest young people and friendships were formed for eternity. Pictured here are the children my "adopted" brothers Joe and David: Jonathan, Sarah, Thomas. In the top picture Jonathan is with his younger sister, Jaymie. These young people have been such a joy to me - I first held Jonathan when he was just a few hours old! Now the three older kids are at university themselves, and Jaymie is a delight as she goes into Grade 2 next year. Their parents are amazing also: Joe and Shof lead a Life Group and Joe is on pastoral staff at my home church (CityLife). In fact he is the pastoral oversight on the CCM board and I so appreciate his input in my life. David and Mei are dynamos, leading a Life Group and ministering in so many areas. David is one of the Children's Pastors at CityLife and Mei ministers to the young mothers in the church and among her patients. (She is a midwife). I feel so privileged to be a part of their families.

No comments: