Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Many hands make a new house!


CityLife Community Care (formerly Knox CC) turned out in force to give my aging home a makeover. More than 60 volunteers began arriving from about 8.00 a.m. last Saturday. They were placed in teams: painting, gardening and carpentry. Having prayed for rain for the last several years, it was impossible to ask the Lord to stop it...but it did hold off until around 1 and even then showers were light. What tremendous servant's hearts these people have - I was so overwhelmed by the care shown to me. Verandas, windows and doors painted, gardens weeded and edged, trees pruned, deck steps totally replaced. And as a special bonus, my own bedroom and ensuite freshly painted! Not only did they work through to 4, but a smaller team offered to come again next week and finish off! THANKS is such a little word for all I feel inside - but THANKS to all who came to bless me - you certainly did, and I am praying that in turn you will be doubly blessed.
Picture: the old green going and the new cream appearing!

No comments: